I was planning to do an apple and polenta cake for a while and after this one was done I don’t know why it took me so long. This cake is fluffy, smells fantastic and it’s absolutely delicious!! Easy to prepare, its perfect with tea or coffee. Give a try, I’m sure you’ll love it as much as we did.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda (bicarbonate soda)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil or any other kind of vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix sliced apple, cinnamon, almond slices, lemon juice and 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- Mix dried ingredients.
- Add in the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 inches round spring form baking tray and spread the apple/almond mixture on top of it.
- Bake it for 25 minutes at 180C.